Thursday, September 4, 2008

hometown love 3 - I challenge you Burlington Arts Media

7d posted an apology in the paper because they credited mfdoj to colin. It was rather snide but I appreciate it.

Then they listed that mfdoj is playing at art hop tomorrow nite. Which is not true. We are not playing. I dont even have a band for that project.

*sigh*

Then I read isaacs blog post where he says this:

Basically, UVM's VT Cynic used a bunch of his art full color on the back cover to advertise the art hop. They didn't ask him OR mention his name. Hows that for support of artists in a situation that's supposed to be all about the artists? They should have asked him, credited him appropriately and provided a link to his web page.

Thank you Burlington. Please get your heads out of your asses.

I might be overly angry because I am watching the RNC.

This is my comment on isaacs post and I am re-posting here because I believe it to be true.

"
Here in burlington they call mis-information 'support' and expect accolades for how supportive they are. The only reason this is known as an artistic town is because of the sheer number of artists here. Not because of the support the town provides. I read once that artists flock to places where they are not appreciated. Its part of some desire to be in a 'starving artist' situation. if that's true its no wonder there are so many artists here.
"

I challenge you to change my mind Burlington Arts Media.

No comments: