Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our love is like the border between Greece and Albania

went to garage sales with ipw and tkbs
walked down town, saw get smart walked to the water front
watched some middle agers rock to the acoustic jams
stopped by skinny pancake to watch some people play outside
but I was thinking about stuff that tied into
what I was listening to on the ipod and all I heard was:
--
Our love is like the border between Greece and Albania
Our love is like the border between Greece and Albania
Trucks loaded down with weapons
Crossing over every night
Moon yellow and bright
There is a shortage in the blood supply
But there is no shortage of blood
The way I feel about you baby can't explain it
You got the best of my love.
--
and when the song was done and I actually heard
what the band that was in front of me was playing
i heard them mention something about jerry garcia
so i started walking again
the cush was playing at red square so I listened to them for a bit
and ran into dz and hc and talked to them for a few minutes
before heading home
and I kept playing mountain goats songs over and over
cause i couldnt get enough of:
--
I hope that our few remaining friends
Give up on trying to save us
I hope we come up with a failsafe plot
To piss off the dumb few that forgave us
I hope the fences we mended
Fall down beneath their own weight
And I hope we hang on past the last exit
I hope it's already too late
And I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here
Someday burns down.
--
it fit in well with the talk i was composing
in my head that ive thought about at least 3 times
before but never carried out
and never will
for several reasons...

its stupid hot and gross out.
the only way i see things
sweat out the devil
it beads on your chest
a symbol of benevolence

nite soldier.

No comments: