Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A day once dawned from the ground then the night she fell and the air was beautiful the night she fell all around

worked in the studio.
walked around.
listened to surf music.

it was a good day if you like snow.

i thought about a valentines poem i wanted to write. it would be long and would work against the positive attitude i am working on. so i decided not to write it.

today i have strength
in my hands
they are old and normally weak
my grip is not strong
but today,
today i have strength,
i feel like a new man.
the door knob turns with ease
and swings right open
i can leave without struggle
and my groceries,
today, they practically carry themselves home.
my knees,
they move like they
have been greased
with royal purple.
i dont know what it is
but my legs carry me down the street
like i am 16.
my neck turns today.
my head is not hung
it moves freely and without pain
i can look up at the birds
and down at the concrete.
i can see the river to my left and storefronts to my right
without hearing the internal creaks
of neck swings.
i look at the pretty girls
who are still out of my league
but for a different reason
and think:
'if my penis got some of this new found life i might just talk to that pretty lady'

No comments: