Friday, October 2, 2009

'round midnight

home early listening to modern jazz quartets last concert on vinyl in the dark over the ring of my ears. when i think of jazz this is the first record i think about. i love the integrity in this recording and performance. I stumbled across this record on accident one nite. It was in a pile of records my dads friend brought back from someplace over sease when he was in the military. Also a huge stack of weird dylan records. I rarely listen to those though.

so I was driving home home from the show thinking about all of the things this record isn't. I made a list in my head which I wont share. It isn't everything I don't want. It is pure and pleasure, energy on smooth lines and perfection in peace and movement. I like to close my eyes and pretend im sitting at the avery fisher hall with a bunch of dudes in front of me who love to play and play what they love. the faint chatter that bleeds through could be my neighbor. it could be you.

if you want to join me send me a txt or come on over. side one is only half done... and I have the bonus record too...

No comments: