Sunday, July 12, 2009

clashing chasing changing minds tell me what you've seen tell me where you've gone tell me where you've been tell me what you saw

i know. people keep yelling at me for not updating my blog.

i bought a bike yesterday afternoon and took it on its first trip today. thanks to a nifty iphone bike computer app. i know i went 10.1 miles. i wasn't sure how much was too much cause i haven't been on a bike in 20 years, and, while i am not completely out of shape i am no where near being in shape. i figured 10 miles was a good place to start. did it in 52 minutes. average speed the first 5.2 miles was 11 mph. avg speed the last 4.9 miles was 12.3mph. i think i could have done better speed wise both ways if it wasn't for the festival downtown slowing me to a stop at points. plus i didnt want to be able to push it in case i got tired and couldnt make it back.

i dont know anything about biking at all. but i hope to be able to bike to the islands and back by the end of summer at a good pace. i dont even know how far that is really or if its reasonable. maybe i will research that goal before i commit to it.

either way. i think this was a good purchase and i seem to enjoy it so far. if you know anything about biking and want to teach me things / go for a ride let me know.

this is not an excersize / bike blog though. so enough of that talk.

--

dear mos def,

i know you stated you wanted to do a documentary on death with damon dash. you said it for the whole world to see in the new cover article of filter mag. but you better hurry cause the vt boys are going to steal your thunder.

Detroit's own DEATH -Where Do We Go From Here? Documentary - Summer 2009 Promo from Howlermano on Vimeo.



i think death deserves to have 2 documentaries made about them. the hackneys are good talented people.

i tend to hold people to what they say. especially when they say it in public. so you better not let me down, mos def. i dont want to be disappointed. its pretty clear these vt boys are not going to let me down.

-steven

--

been doing a good job at listening to the polyphonic spree and blonde redhead.
its currently my 4th job. right behind: buyer, recording engineer / bass player, and intense distraction propagator.

No comments: